Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Volunteer Sunflowers

Over the last week I noticed a strange "weed" growing with the pansies.  These "weeds" look a lot like young sunflower plants, which is fascinating because until this spring, this section of the yard was grass - and this is the only place in the yard I've seen these type of "weeds."


We had a few sunflower plants last summer, and the boys really liked how tall they grew.  If all of the "weeds" with the pansies turnout to be healthy sunflowers, I expect we could see Van Gogh in the driveway painting a beautiful landscape....Okay, so that may be a stretch, but seriously, who doesn't like sunflowers? 


I was trying to get a good picture of a bee visiting the flowering kale (and if you look closely, there is a bee in the picture), but once I got inside, I really liked the yellow flowers contrasted against the red chard.




No comments:

Post a Comment