Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Summer Solstice

And may your harvest be plentiful!  We picked our first beans of the year.  The "purple beans" are really good.  The boys snapped them, and I cooked them.  Didn't even need any seasoning.


Although our first batch of carrots didn't yield many, we did get some nice ones, including this "yellow carrot."  My boys love carrots.  Last year we had a good harvest of "red dragon" carrots.  And with a name like "red dragon," what kid wouldn't be intrigued.  My older son insisted that I didn't cut the greens off the tops when I'd pack a carrot in his school lunch.  The lunch room helpers got quite a kick out of my son and his carrots.


We also planted more beans, carrots, beets, chard, and flowers.  I've never planted those vegetables in June, so I'll post status updates.


Perhaps it's the long days of summer, or maybe that school is out and the boys are outside almost all day, but they seem to sleep deeper and get up later.



No comments:

Post a Comment